Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 7: Web 2.0 Communication Tools

Email: I have one email account that is supplied by my school. This is the one and only account because it is a time hog and I can't imagine having to check two. Email can be good and bad. Some days I can check it every hour and other days I haven't got time to check it until the end of the day. I find that email can be unreliable. I starting to use it less and less as a communication tool and more as a back up to another form of communication.

IM: Small school limited resources and personel make IM a non-tool for communication.

Text Messaging: I've seen text messaging and know about it but I do not use it and can not see it working in schools with the trouble of having cell phones in school.

Web Conferencing: OPAL (high interest books for low interest readers) - web conferencing is a great way to communicate without the travel. I have been very hesitant about joining a web conference but will feel more comfortable now that I know some more about the process.

No comments: